In our efforts to preserve natural resources, the hotel has extensive water and electricity saving, as well as waste reduction programs. These are some of our practices:
- Air drying facilities to reduce the use of electric dryers
- Skylights and ample windows throughout the buildings to maximize use of natural light
- Solar panels for water heating
- Use of energy saving light-bulbs, presence-detecting lights and photovoltaic lamps
- High-tech shower heads that use 65% less water than conventional shower heads.
- Rain water harvesting
- A biodigester to treat waste water and produce biogas for water heating
- Use of environmentally friendly, biodegradable cleaning products, detergents and soaps to care for the health of our staff-members and guests and to avoid water and air pollution.
- Chemical-free lawns and gardens
- Use of locally produced, organic goods to reduce carbon footprint and to help the local
- Reusing of containers, Recycling, composting, as well as sound purchasing policies to reduce solid waste.
- Carbon offsetting of our already low emissions